Tuesday, June 3, 2008

LETTERS ABOUT BURMA WITH OPEN HEART


LETTER(1)

After running around in foreign land, sitting here and writing out my though and emotional pain about Burma in The Nation's blog for a while, it is now that i do not want to take any more of this suffering.
So I've decided to go back to volunteer in Burma for a month or longer.
Even I live at thousands miles away and i felt so terrible about this disaster, one can imagine how the victims in Burma who have lost everything in life;love ones, family members, livelihoods and future will be feeling. And hopefully hope is not one of them ..
Currently there are many local and international volunteers working in Burma. But the victims are still waiting for many more help to come.
Obviously the helps do not' and cannot reach everywhere. Every day, i receive different emails from another Burmese friends or volunteersasking for help one way or another. For example, just today, an urgent request from a friend asking for help.this is one of the typical stories in Burma.

Thank

KhaKA Borazi


(LETTER 2)

Last Sunday,I have visited South Dagon Seik Kan, Thilawar, which is 45min drive from Yangon. There, cyclone destroyed all houses but nokilling. About 2000 people are living in four small primary schools,ie, about 500 families with small babies, kids and children. Theteachers from the schools lead them to control the situation. They gotonly a few donation because most of the people are more interested togo to Ayeyarwady areas.The problem is government warn them to move out before 2nd June, tostart the new semester for school. In one of small school, which isabout 25*25 feet area, living about 500 people, kids have to sleep onthe street at night if there is no rain.Now I am organizing to get urgent shelter for them before comingMonday. It may cost about 15000-20000 (~15$) Kyats per family, for one smallPlastic sheet roof, about 9*12 feet. It will need about 50,00000 (5000$) Kyatsfor 500 families. I get now 2,10000 Kyats in hand.Anyway, we decide to start with what we get. If you wish to join withme, please just drop a line.I will send photos of their situation, when internet connection is better.Please forward this letter to all your friends who love to help those people.

Thanks a lot.

loveThanda.

Please contact to this mail or following numbers. XXXXXXX



LETTER 3

i've removed volunteers name and contact numbers, as i dont want to put their lives on risk as i know how it is in Burma.
Anyway, I felt so relief to myself after booking my air ticket to Burma and talking with some NGO persons working there. I guess i am doing this for my own emotional and psychological confort.
Mean time, over here, we are shipping 7 cargo containers fully loaded with food, cloth, blankets and medicine to Burma next week. None of us has this kind of relief effort experiences but we did it anyway..We have 40-50 volunteers helping out packing and loading items to the containers on the weekends.
The team, Burmse community based group here will continue doing their work such as fund raising, looking for more donars and shipping back needed items to Burma.
We plan to do a wide scale and long term support from public as well as doing partnership with other NGOs in this country. I'll try to report back from the field to our team here but it is not my priority right now. I am still not exactly sure what i'll be doing there.. But i believe i can find my way to help people there.. my human heart, human intelligence and willingness to giving my hand will guide me what to do and how to do things.
Btw, Thanks to the UN chief for his efforts and Gen Than Shwe (I thanks him anyway for this) for allowing more international aid agency and experts to more access to delta region.
hopefully,most dying people are slowly get back to get breathing since last Sunday.

Thank.



LETTER 4

Dear

Some of my friends warn me not to go back to Burma since i've been active here and there in this country for the past year.
hopefully i am safe at the Rangoon airport and will be able to write again here if i have a chance.
I need your prayers for the Burmese people, but this time i need more since i'll be one of them..
so, pls wish me luck!!
Take care all..

No comments: